For my beloved Brother who introduced me to the art of cooking, who taught me how to taste and truly love food. Without him I'd never be able to be where I am today.

December 24, 2011

                                                Mini Teeny Tiny

As those of you who follow culinary trends know, mini is the new maxi. And no wonder, small is cute. There’s no doubt about it. Girls and women go AWWWWW pouting their lips, making that certain face... They just can’t help it. Neither can I to be quite honest. Bakeries have started making tiny cup cakes, mini tarts, mini what-have-you instead of rather unaesthetic overly big versions. In my opinion, it’s all for the best. Firstly, mini pastries and desserts are awfully cute and tempting. Secondly, you don’t feel half as bad after eating them. And thirdly, it might come as a surprise to those of you with a severe sweet tooth, but one or two bites maximum will do the trick most of the time. All in all, perfect I would say!

We decided to skip the traditional Christmas food this year. It’s a bit boring, it’s heavy and no one in my family is especially fond of it. Not a big loss, in other words. Of course I had ideas for the whole alternative Christmas menu, but there was something teeny tiny that I really wanted to do and Christmas would be the perfect occasion to carry it through. So even though there won’t be a traditional Christmas meal in my house this year, we’ll certainly be very full and very satisfied anyway.

A festive meal prepared with love will for sure guarantee the satisfaction, but the whole shebang isn’t complete without a dessert.  But what to do – I’m unable to make up my mind and choose one yummy dessert over another! Solution: several mini desserts! Here we go…

I really had trouble choosing four mini desserts out of the million ideas I have in my mind, but I think I nailed it down pretty well. As tonight’s dessert I’ll serve:


Mini cinnamon & orange crème brûlée
Mini blackcurrant-blueberry-Cointreau jelly
Mini gingerbread biscuits with Brie-cheese filling
Mini chocolate truffles with a touch of cardamom & Himalaya salt

I did most of the preparations last night already and it has been hard not give in to a tiny "sneak peak". I hope everything will taste divine because if not, I‘ll be devastated.  I hate to serve something that I myself don’t regard as the best I can do.

Merry (mini) Christmas! Be good to your belly!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Edith! Jouluillallinen oli mahtavasti makunystyröitä hivelevä ja loppuun asti mietitty kokonaisuus, jossa pikkkujälkkärit lupussa olivat huipennus! Ne vaan oli niin sairaan hyviä, etten pystynyt pitämään hermojani kurissa, vaan illan tullessa pimeyden huippuun, palasin jääkaapille uudestaan kohti pienen pieniä suklaanautintoja :)
    Kiitos rakas! <3 -äiti-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Christmas meal was super.
    everything just awesome, thanks my dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Edith and your family! You are a tiny happy sweet family :*

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Did I make you hungry?